1) Some (people) argue/claim/believe/hold that... But others set (put) forth a different argument about/oppositive views on the matter in question.
(e.g. Some claim that setting off firecrackers is a good practice of celebrating the Spring Festival. ...But others put forth opposite views on the problem. )
2) Some (people) advocate/endorse/favor/are for (或oppose/object to/are against)... Yet others stick to/hold on to/cling to the opposite views/argument/points.
(e.g. Some advocate changes intended to modernize the building code. ...Yet others hold on to the opposite views.)
3) To some people’s mind/From some people’s point of view/In the eye(s) o f some people, the matter in question is/seems/should be/means...But to others’ mind/from others’ point of view/in others’ eyes, it is just/quite the other way around/contrary/opposite(或the opposite/reverse is the case/true.)
(e.g. To some people’s mind, reading should be done in a selective way. ...But to others’, it is just the other way around.)
4) Some (people) respond/react to...by...But others behave/act in the other direction/in the opposite way.
(e.g. Some people respond to failure by remaining inactive or avoiding it...But others behave in the opposite way.)
5) Some take the view that...And/But on the other hand, others argue for the opposite view that...
(e.g. Some are of the view that institutions mould characters. ...And on the other hand, others argue for the opposite view that characters transform institutions.)
1) It is true/There is no need to deny that...But it does not mean... (e.g. There is no need to deny that recreational services have added variety to our social life. ...But it does not mean leaving them to take their own courses.)
2) Although it is widely believed that..., it can not stand close/cold scrutiny/analysis/examination.
3) Admittedly/True/Obviously/Indeed, the issue in question. ... But one basic/vital fact is being left out of our analysis/consideration, namely/that is,... (e.g. Admittedly, the official figures and statistics show that much improvement has been made in people’s living standards. ... But one vital fact is being left out of our analysis, namely a growing gap between the rich and the poor. )
4) Those in favor of the issue in question argue/contend/hold/maintain/claim that...But what they fail to consider/analyze/see/find out is that...
(e.g. Those in favor of euthanasia contend that its practice can benefit both the patient and his family. ...But what they fail to consider is that euthanasia may be taken advantage of for some evil or hidden purposes.)
5) Superficially/On the surface/At first glance(thought)/In appearance, the issue in question seems...But in fact(on second thoughts/on close examination/in substance),...
(e.g. At first glance, the western-type democracy seems superior to any other types. ...But on second thoughts, it does not entitle every citizen of the same nation to the equal freedom to act.)
1) To prevent this phenomenon/trend from worsening/running wide/To guide the matter/situation to the best advantage, it is necessary/important to...(可用于分析建议类、原因分析类等议论文)
2) In the face of...some people take the position that.../some people come to believe that..., to which I can’t attach/add my consent.(可用于批驳分析类议论文)
或：In the face of...people retain/take/show/assume different attitudes/position s/standpoints.(可用于各抒己见类议论文)
或：In the face of...many people have come up with...(可用于对比分析类议论文和知识性说明文等)
3) But many people feel puzzled about/perplexed at/over whelmed with...(the changes/situation), so this essay is intended to...(可用于批驳分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
4) Although lots of people follow the fashion/trend, I still set my heart on...(可用于理由陈述类议论文)
5) To get a sense of how...we must turn first to causes for it/to what benefit (harm/problems/difference) it has brought to our society.(可用于分析建议和原因分析类议论文)
6) This is a (n) favorable/unfavorable/unhealthy/essential/marked/grateful change/tendency/situation, but factors/causes/reasons for it are not hard to find(或but its appearance/existence derives from a variety of factors). (用于原因分析类议论文)
7) The progress/improvement/change(s) in...is(are) really tremendous/remarkable/prodigious/marvelous, so it is necessary to understand (see) what it (they) illustrate (s)/prove(s)/account(s) for.(用于原因分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
8) A comparison between these changes may be a good way to learn more about...(可用于对比说明文)
9) More insight/inspiration/truth/thought can be deduced from these changes.(可用于知识性说明文)
10) This situation/phenomenon/trend/tendency is rather distressing/disturb ing/depressing/heart-rending, for the opposite of it is just in line with our wishes/just what is to be expected.(可用于分析建议、批驳分析和原因分析等议论文)
12) This is what we are unwilling to see, so some way must be found out to...(可用于分析建议、对比分析、批驳分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
13) Fortunately, however, more and more people come/begin to realize that ...(可用于分析建议、对比分析和各抒己见类议论文)
14) Unfortunately, things have worsened/come/developed to the point where ...(用于分析建议、原因分析、批驳分析、各抒己见类议论文和知识性说明文)
15) But have you ever stopped to think what/how/why...?(可用于除理由陈述之外的各种议论文和知识性说明文) 16) If we take a further/colder/closer look at this problem/matter, however, more secrets/grounds/chances/ways will be found out for...
(e.g. ...putting it right/taking action against it/improving it) (可用于分析 建议、对比分析、原因分析等议论文和知识性说明文)
17) But this (dis)agreement ceases to exist as soon as...(用于各抒己见、批驳分析、对比分析等议论文和对比说明文)
18) A further/deeper analysis/study/exposure of.../A further comparison between...can reveal more about.../can show us more ways to...(how to...)可用于分析建议、原因分析、对比分析、批驳分析等议论文和对比说明文及知识性说明文)
19) If you push the analysis/study/argument/comparison/exposure further, you will see that...(用于分析建议、对比分析、批驳分析、各抒己见类议论文和对比说明文及知识性说明文)
20) The same is true of many cases in life.(用于举例说明文)
21) Now, let’s see what would happen to...in this case/light(或in different conditions/circumstances).(用于分析建议类议论文和对比说明文)
22) Perhaps, it is ideal/high/ripe time for us to tackle/handle/answer/take up the question in no half-hearted manner.(用于分析建议、原因分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
23) To be frank, I have turned the question over and over in my mind, but found no reason to sidestep it; so here are my ways to.../my reasons for...(用于理由陈述类议论文和知识性说明文)
24) I was once cursed/perplexed/seized with this question, but I have forged/made my own way out of it.(用于知识性说明文)
25) People from different backgrounds, however, put different interpretations on the same thing.(用于各抒己见类议论文和展开式界说性说明文)
26) But different people hold completely different views as to its nature.(用于各抒己见类议论文和界说性说明文)
27) If/When adopted to account for/define/expose..., it can come in different meanings.(用于具体定义说明文)
28) If it is intended for..., however, the divergence of outlook on it ceases to continue while a new meaning to it begins to stand out.(用于归纳性定义说明文)
29) Our life abounds with examples in point.(或The truth in the definition goes for/is applicable to many cases in our life.)(用于举例说明文)
30) In that case, however, I prefer to...rather than...(用于理由陈述、比较分析、批驳分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
31) (Un)Fortunately, there are still some people who act in the other way around.(用于分析建议和原因分析类议论文)
32) Once/If hit/cursed/overwhelmed with such troubles/straits/matters, you’d better/I would (not) do something about them to find your/my way out.(用于知识性说明文)
33) I was once caught/stuck in the same situation/context, but I managed to lift myself out of it.(用于知识性说明文)
34) When exposed to/subject to the same conditions/challenge/choice, however, different people tend to behave in different ways.(用于各抒己见类议论文)
35) If this is true/the case, what accounts for such an issue:...(如：perversion of justice for bribes 贪赃枉法)?(用于分析建议和原因分析等议论文)
36) If that remark still holds water now, the situation (trend/phenomenon) in question should make us ponder about what harm/benefit/influence it will bring to us/about how it will affect our society.(用于分析建议篇)
37) (In other words,...) But echoes of his view/voice(对他观点的附和声) die away as to w-questions.(用于各抒己见类议论文)
38) His view is voiced by more and more people, but finds no echo in my heart.(用于批驳分析类议论文)
39) His voice arouses echoes among people of insight, who have come up with some practical measures.(用于对比分析类议论文和知识性说明文)
40) His/Her case is not unique, and now more and more...(But...)(用于各种议论文和知识性、对比性说明文) 41) His/Her story is not unusual/rare, it is typical of thousands of people who are following his/her lead, so some people have abundant reason to ask how this came into being/how this will affect our future life/what measures should be taken to cope with it.(用于分析建议、原因分析、对比分析、批驳分析类议论文和知 识性说明文)
42) The results of this survey/questionaire have aroused/drawn nationwide / public attention/concern, which is why some great efforts are being made by our government/society.(用于分析各抒己见类议论文和举例、知识性说明文)
43) Such a dilemma/problem/condition we often run into in our life, but the basic question is how to cope with it/but all we need to do is how to approach it.(用于分析建议、原因分析、对比分析等类议论文和知识性说明文)
44) What this survey reveals is cold and hard, so the top priority task f or us to set about is to...(用于分析建议、原因分析、对比分析等议论文和知识性说明 文)
45) This case has aroused echoes throughout the country, with more and mo r e people following its lead, but ideas about it vary widely/is there anything serious it has reflected?(用于分析类议论文和各抒己见类议论文)
46) Most people have realized the seriousness/potential of what this survey exposes, but...(用于分析类议论文)
47) With/For different people/things, however, sth. is open to different interpretations/tastes/connotations. A
(e.g. With the people from different family backgrounds, however, devotion is open to many interpretations.)
48) When adopted to define different things/people, sth. comes in a variety of flavors/tastes/meanings/values/senses. A
(e.g. When/If adopted to describe the people with different intentions, life often comes in various senses.)
49) Sth. may be/bear/convey many meanings/values/hints to many/different people/things, but, in all senses/the broadest sense/a real sense, it is/means...A
(e.g. Happiness may convey many hints to many families, but, in every sense, it means making more contribution than demand in a family.)
50) On the whole/As a whole/All in all/In substance (essence), however, the diverse/different/various meanings/interpretations/concepts/definitions of sth. originate (stem/come) from/can be boiled (narrowed/condensed) down to/can be traced back to one core (the same core)/one source (the same source) one connotation (the same connotation):...
(e.g. On the whole, however, the diverse meanings of success to the people above can be boiled down to one connotation: Success is a realization of one’s ideal.)
51) Whether the definition/interpretation of sth. is constant or mutable, however, depends on what backgrounds it is in. A
(e.g. Whether the definition of beauty is constant or mutable, however, depends much on what backgrounds it is put against.)
1) From sth./what one has done, he can derive profits (will well deserve punishments) as follows.
(e.g. From his great inventions in many fields, man has well deserved punishments as follows.)
2) Sth., if made the best/the worst of, will bring some distinct advantages/disadvantages to our social development/one’s growth.
(e.g. Stock markets, if made the best of, will bring some advantages to our social construction.)
3) Sth. is expected to do a lot of benefit/threat/harm to sb./sth. else. (e.g. Cloning, as a new-born thing, is expected to do a lot of benefit to the human progress.)
4) (Doing) sth. will enrich/endanger/influence one’s life in more than one aspect.
(e.g. Having one’s head in the clouds sometimes can enrich a good teacher’s teaching in more than one aspect.)
5) Some good/bad/unexpected effects come of what we have done/sth. done in...(e.g. Some good effects will certainly come of the efforts we have mad e in birth control.)
6) There are several reasons/causes/factors for the changes/increase/decline/growth in...(First,...Second...)
(e.g. There are probably a variety of reasons for the drastic changes in people’s moral concepts.)
7) The reasons/causes/factors for sth. are complex/varied/profound. (Some attribute it...Others put it down to...Still others owe it to...)
(e.g. The causes for the prevalence of living together are varied and complex.)
8) The success/failure/change/increase/decline(in sth.) mainly/largely stems/derives/results from the factors as follows.(One lies in...Another is found in...Still another consists in...)
(e.g. The rise in China’s economy mainly derives from a number of factors/the factors as follows.)
9) Why has/did/is...? (For one thing/...For another...Perhaps the most fundamental/adequate/competent reason is...)
(e.g. Why is there a growing drift toward power-seeking in society?) 10) It is no easy/simple task/job to furnish/identify/find every reason / cause for sth., but/while, on the whole, three/some factors shout louder/weigh heavier than others/stand out from others.
(e.g. It is no easy job to find every reason for the increase in the number of teenagers who run away from their homes, but, on the whole, two factors shout louder than others.)
11) In view of this situation/drift/boom/social disorder/drastic change, people put forward/advance/suggest/propose two countermoves/countermeasures:...
(e.g. In view of this population boom in large cities, people have come up with two countermeasures: dispersal of city population and development of an underground city.)
12) From the suggested solutions (to...)/measures (against...)/plans (for . ..)/moves (toward...)/ideas (on...), two have begun to stand/stick out, namely.. .(e.g. 略)
13) There are believed/expected/supposed to be two effective measures/practical schemes/workable ideas/sound solutions, one of which is...
(e.g. There are believed to two workable ideas on prevention of teenage pregnancy, one of which is the sex education of teenagers.)
14) To promote/suppress/cultivate/popularize/curb/enhance/root up the thing in question, the public attention/more stress/emphasis is placed/put/focused upon two proposals/moves/measures/solutions:...
(e.g. To root up the prostitution in our society, the public attention is focused on two solutions: a permanent ban against unhealthy recreations and a long -term moral education.)
15) When it comes to the comparison between A and B, each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
(e.g. When it comes to the comparison between travelling by car and travelling by train, each has advantages and disadvantages of its own.)
16) Ideas/Views on the issue in question vary from person to person/vary widely. A
(e.g. Ideas on the way of reading vary from person to person.
17) As to whether it is a blessing or a curse, however, people take different views/positions/attitudes/stands(或people’s attitudes are quite opposite to each other.).A
(e.g. As to whether birth of various associations on campus is a blessing or a curse, however, people take different stands.)
18) People’s views, however, are divergent on the matter in question. A
或：People are divided in opinion/outlook/view on the matter in question. A
(e.g. People’s views, however, are divergent on the newborn thing.)
19) People respond/react to...in the manners/ways opposite to each other.
A(e.g. People respond to the stress in the manners opposite to each other.)
20) Although people arrive at/reach/achieve the common understanding of sth., their views/ideas about its influence/future/impact (on our life) are at opposite poles. A
(e.g. Although people have arrived at the common understanding of China’s achievement, their views about her future are at opposite poles.)
21) There are several/a number of reasons/factors for my choice/pursuit ( o f...)/fondness (for...)/adaptability (to...)/concentration (on...)/advocacy (of. ..)/belief (in...) (或my seeking/choosing to do sth.)
(e.g. There are several reasons for my fondness for the sports.)
22) Among the factors that contribute to my achievement/choice/struggle/. .., three/a few shout louder/weigh more heavily/stand out.
(e.g. Among the factors that contribute to my success in studies, three shout louder.)
23) The reasons/factors/causes for my love (of...)/interest (in...)/determination (to do sth.)/objection (to sth.)/...are varied and individual.
(e.g. The reasons for my pursuit of the career are varied but individual.)
24) A variety of/Quite a few factors have led me to do sth.
(e.g. Quite a few factors have led me to form the habit of collecting stamps .)
25) My outlook (on...)/choice (of...)/participation (in...)/devotion (to...) stems from/derives from/results from some/several chief factors.
(e.g. My pleasant memory of my Chinese teacher stems from several chief fact ors.) 26) Our life/history/society abounds with/is rich in/is full of typical examples/illustrations.(e.g. 略) 27) Cases illustrative of this definition/truth/theory/principle/mechanism /saying/proverb are not rare/are too numerous to mention one by one/can be found everywhere in our life/society.
(e.g. Cases illustrative of the saying—facts speak louder than words—are too numerous to mention one by one.)
28) To illstrate the theory in question, we can cite many examples.( e.g. 略)
29) According to my observation/knowledge, many examples from our real life can serve/be used (employed/cited) as good evidence for the definition in question.(e.g. 略)
30) This truth/principle/motto/popular saying/way of coping with sth. is/ h olds true for/goes for/can be applied to many/various matters/cases in our actual life.
(e.g. The above theory can be applied to a variety of cases in our daily life.)
31) There are some/several/a few steps (measures/ways/methods/tricks/less o ns) you/a would-be beginner can follow (take/try/use/learn) to achieve your (his /her) goal/to realize your/his dreams/to the best advantage.
(e.g. There are some clever tricks a would-be relaxer can learn to keep himself free of worry or stress.)
32) When/If sth. in question/you...it is better/advisable/necessary/essential (for you) to follow the instructions/courses/steps/schemes/ways as given/described below.
(e.g. If your trouble builds up to the point where you can not put up with it, it is advisable for you to follow the instructions as given below.)
33) To do sth., one/you’d better (not) go by/act upon/comply with some concrete/practical/sound/effective rules/regulations/orders/procedures/courses.
(e.g. To break with the bad habits like smoking, you’d better go by some effective instructions.)
34) For anyone/those who..., here are the best ways to...
(e.g. For those who are anxious to make friends with the opposite sex, here are the best ways to remove all their anxiety.)
(e.g. How does this small association develop into a nationwide organization "